Capacity building grants to support the research environment in Turkey through collaborations between the UK and Turkish institutions.
The Newton Fund aims to build collaborations between the UK and partner country, centred on shared research and innovation challenges which have direct relevance to Newton partner countries’ social welfare and economic development. The Professional Development and Engagement Programme (PDE) supports the research environment and enables optimal impact from research, shaped by the demands and development priorities of the partner country.
Under PDE, The Research Environment Links (REL) programme in Turkey aims to support the research and academic environment by international collaboration, training programmes, the exchange of knowledge and best practice and the development and implementation of pilot activities to promote capacity building collaboration shaped by the demands and priorities of Turkey and the UK.
REL grants are designed to provide financial support for capacity building activities proposed by applicant institutions in Turkey working with partner organisations in the UK.
REL can be funded in any discipline or cross-discipline and there are no limits in terms of the type of activities that can be delivered, as long as these respond to country needs. Please see the guidelines for applicants document in the downloads section for further details.
- Size of grant: up to £40,000
- Duration of the grant: up to 12 months
- ODA requirement: All applications must meet the required relevance to economic development or social welfare (see guidelines for further information)
- Each proposal must have one lead applicant from Turkey and one lead applicant from the UK.
- All principal applicants must be leading researchers or established researchers as defined by the European Commission here.
- Other eligibility criteria apply. Please refer to the guidelines document available from the downloads section below for full eligibility criteria.
30 June 2020, 16.00 UK time (18.00 Turkey time).
How to apply
Download and read the guidelines document fully from the downloads section. Complete the online application form.
If you are experiencing issues with downloading the budget spreadsheet, please try using a different browser (Google Chrome) or email UK-REL@britishcouncil.org to receive a copy.
All queries or comments about this call should be addressed to the Research Environment Links email address UK-REL@britishcouncil.org.
Interested parties wishing to enquire about potential UK collaborators, please contact Universities UK International via the partner request form.