- Aston University was founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, based in the vibrant city of Birmingham, Aston has been a leading university for graduate employment success for over 25 years and its students do extremely well in securing top jobs and careers.
- Last year the Aston was ranked 'Gold' (the highest out the three awards) for outstanding student satisfaction with teaching in the government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and welcomes students from over 120 countries.
- Aston is a long established research-led university known for its world-class teaching quality, and strong links to business and the professions.
- Aston University is located in Birmingham and at the heart of a vibrant city, less than 2 hours from London and only 30 minutes from Birmingham International Airport.
- In the UK League tables, Aston University is ranked 29th out of 119 UK universities (The Guardian University Guide 2017), 30th out of 123 UK universities (The Complete University Guide 2017) and 33rd out of 120 UK universities (The Times / Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017). The University has 5 QS Stars for Teaching and Internationalisation. 17th in the UK and 44th in the World for International Outlook (Times Higher World Rankings 2018).
- Aston has been a leading university for graduate employment success for over 25 years and its students do extremely well in securing top jobs and careers. Aston welcomes students from over 120 countries
- Aston University’s Business School is in the top 1% of business schools worldwide with triple accreditation from AMBA, AACSB and EQUIS.
- The University has 5 schools: Life & Health Sciences, Languages & Social Sciences, Aston, Business School, Aston Medical School and Engineering & Applied Science.
- For students who do not meet the direct entry requirements, Aston offers a foundation year which is a one year course designed for International students who do not have the required GCE A levels or equivalent qualifications for entry to Aston University Undergraduate courses. The programme is equivalent to the UK’s Year 13. Aston offers 3 subject streams in the following: Science (Life and Health Sciences), Engineering and Applied Science and Business and Social Studies. Once students successfully complete the Programme and meet the specific academic and English language grades for the relevant programme they can progress onto its undergraduate degrees.
For more information: www.aston.ac.uk