The succesful applicants will be responsible for co-curating a digital visual arts exhibition and will work closely with a British Council Project Manager based in Turkey, and an external Artistic Advisor based in the UK.
The curators will be responsible for:
- Co-curating a digital exhibition on the theme of celebration of feminist solidarity, working closely with the Project Manager, co-curator and Artistic Advisor.
- Together with their fellow co-curator, deliver exhibition texts (i.e. concept, captions, biographies) – (approx. 3500 words).
- Support Project Manager with liaison and copyrights of artworks of non-collection works.
- This opportunity also includes training and development on various topics to support the curation of the exhibition including: digital exhibition making, digital curation, digital accessibility. The content and schedule of training will be confirmed together with and according to the needs of selected curators, but we expect will be weekly for eight weeks. This is a requirement of the opportunity and the selected curator will be expected to attend all meetings.
- Weekly progress report and evaluation meetings supervised by Project Manager and Artistic Advisor.
- Act as spokesperson champion for the project and exhibition.
The successful applicant will be expected to sign a contract with the British Council and will receive a fee of £3,080. This fee is to cover the time and work required to meet the Responsibilities and deliverables outlined in The Opportunity section, of approximately 18 days.