Deadline: Friday, 22 November 2019
The British Council believes that gender equality and women’s empowerment are crucial to creating inclusive, open and prosperous societies.
Our Arts programme in Turkey is focused on diversifying audiences for the arts by working outside ‘traditional’ arts spaces and identifying and developing skills of new curatorial voices and creative entrepreneurs who champion a more inclusive and accessible arts offering at new forums.
Hence, developing female leaders and artists in culture who are explicitly working to diversify audiences is a key aspect of our programme.
In support of this, we have initiated an open call for a new Grant Scheme to support showcasing of female artists from the UK in Turkey.
The aims of this Grant Scheme are;
- to create and share opportunities for professional collaboration of female UK artists with creative professionals, public and private institutions, NGOs, universities and creative hubs in Turkey
- share, celebrate and broaden appreciation of artistic excellence of female artists from the UK in Turkey through diverse, inclusive and innovative programming.
Assessing gender equality and women empowerment will be at the heart of the programme and will be reflected in the representation of the talent from UK; the showcasing of different genres of projects and in using innovative approaches to reaching diverse audiences across Turkey, both live and online.
This Grant Scheme is for organisations from Turkey who wish to present a UK female artist working in any genre in Turkey between 1 January 2020 and 31 March 2020. The organisations could be:
- Public offices
- Governmental bodies
- Other cultural institutions
- Creative hubs
Grants are available for:
- Any type of live or online arts and culture activity by/with a female artist from the UK.
- Activity may include; professional and audience development opportunities, such as conferences, workshops, public talks, exhibitions, screenings, live performances or creative collaborations with artists from Turkey.