The British Council in Turkey offers IELTS Academic, General Training and UK visas and immigration (UKVI) tests in Adana, Ankara, Antalya, Bursa, Istanbul (Asia and Europe) and Izmir.
You can book your IELTS test with us online. When you book with us, you can be certain that you will be taking your test at an official IELTS test centre, whether you choose to take your test on paper or computer.
Before you book:
- Make sure you have a form of valid ID (T.R. Identity Card or Passport) at hand, as you will need to upload a clear photocopy of it when you book your test. Please note that candidates under 18 years of age have to supply written consent by a parent or guardian in order to apply for a test place.
- Download and read our Information for Candidates, which contains important information about the test format, the question types and the test results. Please note that IELTS is not recommended for test takers under the age of 16.
- Pay for your test. You can pay for your test either through our online registration system or via bank transfer. In the Reference section of your payment please write:
- Candidate's name and surname
- Test date
- Test reference number given to you at the time of application
Example: Ali Yilmaz, November 27 IELTS, TR002-24092-00010
|Please note: You can pay via bank transfer for your pen and paper or computer-delivered IELTS test up until 10 days till your test date. If your test date is less than 10 days away, you can make your payment by credit card.|
|IELTS Academic – paper-based and computer-delivered test||1,400 TL||Book now
|IELTS General Training – paper-based and computer-delivered test||1,400 TL||Book now|
|IELTS for UK Visas and Immigration (Academic and General Training)||1,600 TL||Book now|
|IELTS Life Skills (A1 and B1)||1,500 TL||Book now|
Please note: In rare cases, when the payment is made with a credit/debit card, the Turkish lira amount may be slightly higher than the test fee. The British Council does not collect the difference. The difference arises from the foreign exchange rate variation between the foreign supplier that performs the transactions and the bank. If you accept the test fee difference that may arise in this way, you may complete your IELTS registration by paying with a credit/debit card.
IELTS test date confirmation
Once you have completed the booking process, you will receive a confirmation giving you the start time of your test and the venue address.
Your Speaking test may be scheduled on the same day as the other sections, or on a different day within a 7 day window before or after your main test day. The test centre will send you a confirmation for the Speaking Test date.
After booking your test, you will also receive an automatic email with your access codes to the free online course: Road to IELTS.
You will also receive your IELTS Reference Number to access the Test Taker Portal. Please make sure that you have included your email address correctly when you book your test.