EU Project Key Expert 1 - Team Leader
As part of a consortium, the British Council has been shortlisted for "Technical Assistance for Increasing School Attendance Rates Especially for Girls" contract. The project’s main purpose is to contribute to increasing the attendance rates at all levels of education in Turkey, particularly for girls in secondary education.We are seeking a team leader for the project who will be responsible for managing a team of key and non-key experts, ensuring the quality and timely execution of tasks and ensuring smooth execution of the project through careful preparation and monitoring.
|Working hours||09:00 - 17:30 on working days|
|Closing date||Monday 01 September 2014|
The team leader will be responsible for:
- ensuring the overall management of the project and liaising with the beneficiary and contracting authority,
- managing the experts of the technical assistance team and ensuring they comply with the procedural and contractual obligations of the contract,
- ensuring the timely delivery of the project outputs,
- preparing work plans and schedules of the different project components,
- ensuring the quality of the delivery and the overall monitoring of the project,
- elaborating the required progress reports and definining measurable indicators for subsequent programme monitoring and evaluation,
- managing procurement procedures,
- co-ordinating the preparation of the inception, interim and progress reports,
- supporting all documents, analysis, research produced within the scope of the project,
- participating in project monitoring meetings and other meetings organised for the monitoring or promotion of the project, when required,
- assigning short-term experts, drafts their mission letters and planning the budget for their tasks.
Required qualifications and skills
- Bachelor's degree in education, administrative sciences, social sciences, communication, social policy, or equivalent (in the absence of a formal degree in the relevant fields, a minimum of ten years of relevant working experience in the education sector is required)
- Excellent command of oral and written English
- Full computer literacy.
General professional experience
- Preferably ten years, but a minimum seven years, of experience in project management
- Preferably four years, but a minimum two years, of experience in project(s) in the field of education.
Specific professional experience
- Preferably seven years, but a minimum five years, of experience in education sector
- Preferably three years, but a minimum one year, of experience as a team leader and/or another managerial position (contractor side) on an implementation project(s)
- A minimum of five years of experience in primary or secondary education will be an asset.
How to apply
Applications should include:
- a CV in the EU template (download below) of no more than five pages maximum (CVs not meeting these criteria will not be taken into consideration)
- a complete skills and experience table (download below).
Please send your application to email@example.com by 17.00, 1 September 2014.