Register for an IELTS test
British Council provides IELTS testing in over 500 locations, in more than 100 countries, worldwide. Find out how to book an IELTS test in Turkey the easy way.
Register for IELTS
- How to register for IELTS?
- Register for the IELTS test
- IELTS test dates
- IELTS terms and conditions
- Special arrangements
- Contact us
How to register for IELTS?
Online registration and payment of the exam fee
To apply for IELTS exam first candidates are advised to choose a suitable date for examination. After choosing the date you can click on the link below and enter your personal details for your registration. Please make sure to re-check your email address before you complete your application. All communication is carried out via your email address.
Register for the IELTS Test
There are two steps to follow to complete your registration:
1. Scan your ID document .Only valid passport or national ID is accepted. (Scanned documents must be smaller than 1600×1600 pixels and the file size should be 1.5MB or less. Only JPEG, GIF or PNG files are supported).
2. Complete your online registration from the link below and upload your scanned ID document to your application.
Following your application, you will receive a reservation e-mail regarding your application. Upon receipt of the e-mail you need to complete your payment within 2 business days. British Council holds the right to cancel your application if the payment is not completed within the given time.
|IELTS Online Application|
Points to consider:
- Once your application is submitted you will not be able to change your date
- All parts of your application must be fully completed. Otherwise, British Council holds the right to reject your application
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail with your candidate number 10 days prior to your exam date. You will need to print out your confirmation e-mail and bring it to the exam venue. In case you don’t receive this e-mail within 10 days prior to your examination date, please contact us. If you do not receive the confirmation email and do not inform us about the situation we cannot guarantee a place for you
- The speaking part of the exam can take place three days before or after your written examination. Please consider this while you are organising your schedule.
- Your exam venue, time and oral exam details are announced four days prior to your exam date, on Tuesdays after 18:00. Please check this link for your time and venue details.
All candidates who wish to apply for an IELTS exam are subject to a fee of 115 £.
Please kindly note that payments in other currencies will not be accepted.
Your registration won’t be confirmed in case of an incomplete payment. After completing your online application, you need to transfer your payment using the account information below.
BRITISH COUNCIL GBP Account
Branch Code: 1011
Account No: 3376413
Account Holder’s Name: British Council – Eğitim Hizmetleri Limited Şirketi
Swift Code: ISBKTRISXXX
IBAN CODE: TR11 0006 4000 0021 0113 3764 13
In order to help us to match the payment with the correct candidate, please include the following information on your payslip:
- Full name of the candidate
- Exam date and Reference number given to you during your application.
e.g. Ali Yilmaz, 27 November IELTS, TR002-24092-00010
How can I pay for my exam?
Paying at the bank:
You can go to nearest İş Bank branch and transfer the exam fee of 115 £ to our account free of bank transfer charges.
Paying without going to bank:
You can do the payment via
Candidates are responsible for any extra charges associated with the payment of examination fee. Payments below 115 £ will not be accepted.
We are not able to accept registrations after the deadline for application. However, if there is any availability we can still consider late registrations subject to payment of late registration penalty.
Candidates who want to register themselves after the registration deadline must get in contact with the exams department and ask about extra seats. Though we might not have availability for every exam.
Transfer and Cancellation
Transfers are allowed free of charge and for one time only if they have been requested 5 weeks prior to examination date. The new examination date should be set to within 3 months starting from your original application date. You can only transfer your exam to an exam with an ongoing registration date.
Cancellations, requested by 5 weeks prior to examination date will be subject to administration charge of 100 TL and requires a formal document of excuse.
Transfers that are requested by 5 weeks prior to examination date will be subject to 30 £ transfer fee and requires a formal document of excuse.
British Council holds the right to refuse the cancellation or transfer requests.
Cancellations can be requested by sending the relavant forms by email.
Please make sure to state below information on the explanation part of your payment for your transfer:
1- Full name of the candidate
2- Transfer date
Payments should be made to the British Council GBP account as indicated in the registration section.
All documents must be submitted via e-mail in 3 business days. Otherwise you will lose your transfer rights.
Illness on the exam day
In case of illness, candidates need to e-mail us the medical report including the exam date together with relevant documents within following three business days. Otherwise, the candidate will lose all rights to claim compensation.
Upon receipt of necessary documents within three business days, refund of remaining of the exam fee after deduction of 30 £ administrative charges will be paid back to the candidate or an alternative future exam date will be provided or an alternative future exam date will be provided given that the transfer fee of 30 £ is paid. You can only transfer your exam to an exam with an ongoing registration date.
Should candidates who opt to transfer their examination date to a new examination date fall ill on the second examination date are not entitled to a refund of the examination fee nor to any transfer to a new examination date.
IELTS Test Dates
* ’The British Council Turkey IELTS test centre has no further places for the April and May 2014 sessions but IELTS testing does continue in Turkey. Should you require an IELTS test in the near future, please visit www.ielts.org for further information.’
GT = General Training AC= Academic Training
* Please be aware that British Council reserves the right to close the registrations if the demand exceeds the quota, regardless of the deadline given. In the given situation, candidates can ask for a full refund if the payment has already been completed.
IELTS terms and conditions
Make sure you read and accept the IELTS test terms and conditions when you register for the test. The terms and conditions contain important information, including details of test day arrangements:
- What you can take into the test
- The rules you must follow
- Test security
- What you can expect from the results process
- How we use your information
IELTS has been designed to be a fair test. Your English language ability will be assessed objectively, regardless of any disability that you may have.
We make every effort to cater for the special needs of disabled candidates. You will need to provide a medical certificate issued within the last two years when you book your test.
What sort of help can I get?
If you have a visual impairment, we can provide enlarged print and braille test papers or an amanuensis to write answers on a braille word-processor.
If you have hearing difficulties, we can arrange special amplification equipment or a lip-reading version of the listening module.
If you have learning difficulties, for example dyslexia, we can arrange a word processor, voice-activated software or extra time for the reading and writing tests.
Whatever your needs, please contact us to discuss them as soon as possible. Your request must be supported by original medical documentation not older than two years and with a diagnosis written in English or Latin.
In order to serve you better, feedback/complaints about the conditions of the test must be given on the test day in writing or no later than 5 days after the test date via firstname.lastname@example.org. Any complaints about the delivery of the test after the results are issued will not be considered as valid.
British Council TURKEY – Examinations Department
Telephone +90 212 355 56 57 Fax +90 212 355 56 58
You can call us during weekdays between: 09:00 – 13:00 ; 14:00 – 17:00