GREAT Scholarships offer students from 15 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses.
In the 2024-25 academic year, 210 scholarships are offered by 71 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester.
For the 2024-25 academic year, there are 11 postgraduate scholarships available for students from Turkey at the following institutions.
Please visit the university page below for more information:
- Anglia Ruskin University
- Brunel University London
- Cardiff University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Loughborough University
- Newcastle University
- University of Hull
- University of Kent
- University of Leeds
- University of Nottingham
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Turkey.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK higher education institutions (HEI)
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.