GREAT Scholarships offer students from 14 countries the opportunity to have £10,000 towards their tuition fees for a wide range of one-year taught postgraduate courses.
In the 2023-24 academic year, 200 scholarships are offered by 49 universities across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Each scholarship is jointly funded by the UK government’s GREAT Britain Campaign and the British Council with participating UK higher education institutions.
As part of the programme, all GREAT scholars will be invited to a welcome event in the first semester and a networking event in the second semester.
For the 2023-24 academic year, there are 16 postgraduate scholarships available for students from Turkey at the following institutions.
GREAT Scholarships for justice and law
Turkey was included in this programme this year. Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees. Students can apply for courses in a range of justice and law-related subjects, including human rights, criminal justice and commercial law at University of Stirling and University of York.
GREAT Scholarships for climate change
Turkey was included in this programme this year. Each scholarship offers a minimum of £10,000 towards tuition fees. Students can apply for courses in a range of climate change-related subjects, including marine biology, environmental engineering, climate change and sustainability and green technology at Liverpool John Moores University and The University of Manchester.
Please visit the university page below for more information:
- Cardiff University
- Edinburgh Napier University
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Nottingham Trent University
- Oxford Brookes University
- Teesside University
- University of Edinburgh
- University of East Anglia
- University of Glasgow
- University of Hull
- University of Stirling
- University of York
- Liverpool John Moores University
- University of Manchester
- University of Bradford
- Anglia Ruskin University
What are we looking for in a GREAT scholar?
GREAT scholars must:
- be a citizen of Turkey.
- have an undergraduate degree, be motivated, and have an interest in the proposed subject area
- meet the English language requirement of the UK higher education institutions (HEI)
- establish an engagement with the UK as a scholar, through personal and academic fulfilment
- be willing to attend a networking event of all UK based GREAT scholars, to discuss experiences and capture perceptions of studying in the UK
- be willing to maintain contact with the British Council and their HEI and act as an ambassador for the GREAT Scholarships
- as an alumnus of the GREAT Scholarships, be willing occasionally to speak to potential candidates about his or her own experience of studying in the UK
How to apply
- Visit the university page above to find out more information and then follow the link through to the university's website.
- Apply for individual scholarships following the instructions given on each universities’ scholarship webpages.
- The deadline to apply for a GREAT Scholarship varies according to each institution. For details on individual institutions’ deadlines, please see the institution page.
- Successful scholars will be informed by individual universities on the result of their applications.
- Scholarship funding will be issued to successful scholars by individual universities after registration.
Don't miss our webinar to meet with representatives from the UK universities that offer GREAT scholarships, learn about the application precesses and get answers to all your questions. Click the link to register now.
GREAT Scholarships - Get to know the UK Universities offering the GREAT Scholarship : 29 March 2023, 13.00-18.00