Shakespeare Conference e-book
“Passions in the Craft of Will: Shakespeare Lives,” was a one-day conference held jointly by the British Council and the Yaşar University Department of English Language and Literature in October 2016 as part of the worldwide commemoration of the 400th Anniversary of Shakespeare’s death.
A book following on from the conference and dealing with issues such as the global adaption of Shakespeare’s plays as well as the role of the passions and music in Shakespearean drama, edited by the Yaşar University Department of English Language and Literature, is now available.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction – Trevor Hope
- Shakespeare Silenced - Ros Barber
- Perturbations of the Mind: Shakespeare’s Tragedy of Passion - Evrim Doğan
- Walking Cities panel - Chimene Suleyman and Kaya Genç, moderated by Ayşe Lahur Kırtunç
- Revising Macbeth for Intercultural Audiences: “The Anxiety [or Passion] of Shakespearean Influence”? - İnci Bilgin Tekin
- Passions of William Shakespeare’s Lesser Known Characters: Tim Crouch I, Shakespeare - Mesut Günenç and Ahmet Gökhan Biçer
- Shakespeare and Music: “Such Sweet Thunder” - İclal Kardıçalı
ABOUT SHAKESPEARE LIVES
Shakespeare Lives was an unprecedented global programme of events and activities celebrating William Shakespeare’s work on the occasion of the 400th anniversary of his death in 2016.
For inquiries please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org