NESTA Creative Enterprise Programme
British Council partnered with UK innovation agency Nesta to internationalise theirCreative Enterprise programme, which helps creative professionals turn their creative ideas into sustainable businesses.
Working in partnership with different regional development agencies, British Council has to date run skills workshops in Istanbul, Bursa, Eskisehir, Izmir, Adana and Mersin, involving more than 1000 young businesses.
Some of our past participants
- Ebru Alkanat is the founder of specialist clothing company Hooyoo. She says that Creative Enterprise Toolkit training helped her learn to stick to a financial formula that works.
- Basar Under runs a music production company in Izmir. “You have an idea, and you think that it will be easy to execute, but that turns out not to be the case. You need to evaluate and analyse before executing an idea, and that’s what the Toolkit taught me.”
- Godze Senkaya runs a dance clothing business. “Before training, I was approaching people as a dancer. Now I speak like a designer with a brand.”
- Gorkem Cetinkaya is the founder of a creative hub in Eskisehir. After using the Toolkit, Gorkem saw that there was potentially a lot more to his business than he had initially thought.
- Zuhal Canyurt is a shoe designer who describes the people she met during training as a “support group on speed dial”.