You’re bound to feel a little bit nervous on test day. To help things go as smoothly as possible for you, we’ve put together some information to help you understand what will happen on the day of your test.
WHEN SHOULD I ARRIVE?
The test starts at 09.00. However we recommend you arrive by 08.15 to give you enough time to get settled.
Unfortunately, if you arrive after the start of the test you will not be allowed to take the test on that day.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING WITH ME?
- 2 ID Cards
- 1st ID is mandatory – ID used for registration (This ID has to be National ID card or valid Passport for Turkish Citizens). If you are coming from another country to take the test in Turkey you have to bring your valid Passport in order to take the exam.
- 2nd ID is a supportive document (You can bring National ID, Passport, State Register Document or Driving License)
- Pencil, pen, eraser, pencil sharpener
- Water in a transparent bottle
WHY DO YOU TAKE MY PHOTOGRAPH?
Security at IELTS tests is important to us. As an added measure, our exams services staff take a passport-style photograph of candidates on the test day. The photograph appears on your results (also known as your Test Report Form). This procedure is mandatory.
Candidates under 18 years of age must have a consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian so that we can take the photograph.
WHAT AM I PERMITTED TO TAKE INTO THE TEST ROOM?
In the test room you are allowed to have:
- Your identification document
- A pencil and a pen (a pencil will be needed for Listening and Reading)
- An eraser
- A sharpener
- A transparent bottle of water
You will not be able to take anything else into the test room.
WHAT DO I DO WITH MY OTHER BELONGINGS, SUCH AS MY BAG AND COAT?
There will be a cloakroom where you will need to leave all your belongings. The cloakroom will be locked during the test. The British Council is not responsible for loss or damage to your personal belongings at the test venue. Therefore, we strongly recommend leaving valuables, such as mobile phones and computers, at home.
HOW LONG WILL THE EXAM TAKE?
The Listening, Reading and Writing tests take 2 hours 40 minutes and there are no breaks between each part of the test.