Celebrating the achievements of alumni in Turkey
When outstanding individuals receive a world-class education in the UK, the effects can last a lifetime. The Alumni Awards shine a light on the impact that alumni of UK higher education institutions are making in their chosen field, and how this was sparked by their studies in the UK.
The British Council has launched the seventh year of a prestigious award celebrating the outstanding achievements of the UK’s international alumni around the world.
The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living anywhere outside of the UK. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, industries and countries. The Study UK Alumni Awards celebrate and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education and raise the international profile of UK alumni and their former universities.
There are three award categories:
- Professional Achievement Award recognising UK alumni who have distinguished themselves through exemplary leadership and achievements in their professional industry, and who can demonstrate the impact and scale of their achievements in their profession, and beyond.
- Entrepreneurial Award recognising UK alumni who are active in initiating or contributing to innovative or creative new ideas, solutions or business opportunities that have the potential for strong growth.
- Social Impact Award recognising UK alumni who have made an exceptional contribution and commitment to creating positive social change and improving the lives of others.
Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2005 - 2020)
- enrolled at an officially recognised (178 institutions) or listed (679 institutions) UK higher education institution
- at degree level* or above
- either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognised or listed UK HEI, outside the UK.
*Degree level is defined as band 9 and above on the UK NARIC band framework.
Professional short courses: alumni are only eligible if the course they studied was at degree level (or above), offered by a recognised UK institution in the UK (and they fulfil the rest of the criteria). Post-doc researchers are ineligible.
Have you studied in the UK and have gone on to achieve exceptional success? If so, apply for one of the awards today!
What makes a great application? Find out our top tips on the Study UK Alumni Awards website.
Some of the benefits of winning a prestigious Alumni Award:
- Raise your international profile through global press and digital coverage
- Build your professional networks and business connections
- Win a professional networking visit to the UK
|2 September 2020||Applications open|
|30 October 2020||Applications close at 16.00 (GMT)|
|October - November 2020||Shortlisting of applications|
|December 2020 - January 2021||Announcement of finalists|
|March 2021||Turkey winners announced|
|March - August 2021||Global finalist announcement & digital celebration|
|September 2021||Global Alumni Awards winners announced|
Meet the previous Alumni Awards’ winners and finalists Find out what makes their story unique.