With youth unemployment rocketing up to 60% in some countries, government policy-makers, educators, and business leaders across Europe are striving to find solutions that will help them secure a vibrant economic future.
SEE Into the Future was organised by the British Council in partnership with the Council of Higher Education, Republic of Turkey and brought together policy-makers, business leaders and education professionals from Albania, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
Delegates exchanged ideas and discussed solutions for encouraging youth employment, developing 21st century skills and nurturing the entrepreneurs of the future.
Where can I find out more?
Take a look at keynotes and interviews from SEE into the Future Istanbul held in February 2014. Videos include:
- Video address by Mr László Andor, at the time EU Commissioner Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion,
- Opening speeches by Michael Bird, OBE, British Council Director Wider Europe and Prof Mehmet Bulut, Executive Board, Council of Higher Education, Republic of Turkey
- Presentation by Mr Jean-François Lebrun, Advisor to Director Europe 2020: Employment Policies Directorate, DG Employment
- Presentation by Prof. Dame Julia King, Vice Chancellor Aston University and Chair Universities UK Employability, Business and Industry Policy Network
- Presentation by Mr Brian Wisdom, CEO People 1st, the UK’s hospitality and tourism sector skills Council
and many other interesting speakers.
You can also download the conference materials below and have a look at the presentations by speakers.